Disclaimer

A note to the wise (and not so wise): this blog is not a traditional blog.

I don't simply write day-to-day. Instead, I have chosen to write by topic while still maintaining chronological order.

So, be sure to check out every topic (the archive is on the right), and if it looks incomplete, come back later, as I will likely update it with all kinds of new features!

PS-If you like my mission and my work, remember that it is 100% volunteer, so please consider DONATING
(Designation #2686)

My EMI Videos


Saturday, February 9, 2008

The Cost of Working for EMI

NOTE: The main EMI site is http://www.emiusa.org/
-------------------------------------------------------
Engineering Ministries International (EMI) is a "without cost you have received, without cost give" type non-profit that depends almost exclusively on the support/donations given to its staff, interns, and volunteers in order to carry out its ministry of providing plans for orphanages, schools, hospitals, community centers, churches, etc. in poor communities around the world. I liken it to the building of YHWH's original "Tent of Meeting" in that He provides the vision and the skilled workers for each project, which are in turn supported by the resources collected by the congregation.

In order to join them in this work, I, too, have had to ask friends, family, and members of the church (the body of Christ) for help. In some areas, there has been little reception, but among others, YHWH has been generous. He even called a missionary friend (in Venezuela), who I assumed would be poor and have all his funds already spoken for, to donate an amount that matches the largest gift of all my supporters. So now I am up to around $5000 of my $6000 (for about 5 months of service, including airfare) goal.

Would you be interested in contributing? The EMI donation page is https://emisecure.org/donate.html, and my account is 2686.

No comments: